Instructions for pocket watch and Scupper light
To reduce waste I have replaced paper instructions with Qr links to this page. If you have more questions please feel free to contact us.
CAUTION: DO NOT OPERATE LIGHT OUT OF WATER. IT CAN DAMAGE THE LIGHT AND YOUR KAYAK.
1. Utilizing a wire stripper remove 1/4" of wire insulation to expose bare wire from the lighting wire and terminal wire for your selected power source.
2. Slide the solder splice and heat shrink over the wire and position out of the way Fig. 1.
3. Form both the light wiring and terminal wiring into Js. Interconnect the wires so that the Js are wrapped around each other. Attach red wire from light to positive terminal wire and black wire from light to negative terminal wire. Fig.2
4. Slide the solder splice so that the bare wires are directly below the solder. Utilizing a heat gun shrink the splice until the solder melts and the tub shrink to the wire size. Repeat for second wire. Fig. 3 and 4
5. Slide the black heat shrink over the solder splices. Then utilizing a heat gun shrink the heat shrink until a tight seal around the wire is made. Fig. 5
6. Put light into scupper hole and rotate the light rod till desired length is found. This should have the entire metal housing of the light submerged in water. WARNING: DO NOT OPERATE LIGHT OUT OF WATER.
7. Adjust top stainless steel nut so it is tightened down to the Y nut. This will help keep the light at proper length and assist in pushing the Y nut against the scupper walls to hold in place.
CAUTION: REMOVE POWER FROM LIGHT BEFORE REMOVING YOUR KAYAK OR LIGHT FROM WATER. DAMAGE TO LIGHT AND/OR KAYAK WILL OCCUR IF THIS IS NOT DONE.
1. Insert light into desired scupper hole. Visually ensure the light's metal housing will be fully submerged in water.
2. Do not connect power to light until kayak is in water and the light's metal housing is fully submerged in water. A switch between battery and light is recommended, so power can be quickly and easily removed and applied.
3. Remove power from light before removing kayak from water.
4. The light should be rinsed after every use to extend life of light.
-Push the button on top of the knob to open the watch.
-Pull the knob up and then turn clockwise or counterclockwise to set the minute and hour hands.
-With knob pushed in turn clockwise to wind the pocket watch (no batteries required).